Friday, November 13, 2009

Moving forward: Portals, DX10, Multithreading!

REALLY busy time, luckly!
We are working hard and beautifully in my company...we are experimenting and learning new things, so it is a great time!
In my spare time, apart from learning playing flamenco and jazz, going gym, reading many books (Robbins, Dills, Dyer...) , I'm studying some interesting things: Portals, Dx10 and Multithreading!
Currently I'm implementing a simple Portal System, and designing a completely rewritten game engine that takes in account the multithreading as the base brick of all the structure...this is really fascinating, because nowadays most applications are single threaded and the multithreading is added AFTER the creation of the project.
I've installed Windows 7 on my laptop, and I have to admit that it seems a good operative system: vista-eye-candy, nearxp performance. That unlocked the doors to Directx10, with all the goodies that cames from...the Directx11 also can be used, but on a Geforce8600m gt there is no room for that!
So basically...time to study. Hope to post some screenshots of the portal system soon!

No comments: